How Does A Sikh Wedding Take Place? Some Rituals That; Take Place In The Sikh Wedding.
Sikh wedding is very long as because there are so many rituals that; take place in the Sikh wedding. All the rituals have fun and total enjoyment.
If someone is searching from the bride and groom they should take help from Punjabi Jatt Sikh matrimonial. There are so many different types of matrimonial that; will help out people in having the best life partners according to their choices. Some rituals that; take place in Punjabi wedding are mentioned below with a brief description of them:
- Rokka: This is the starting wedding ritual that; takes place at a Punjabi wedding. This is a wedding ritual in which both the families announce the engagement of the bride and groom.
- Shagun: This is a ritual in which both the families and relatives gift dresses, money, jewelry etc. to the bride and groom. This ritual is also a pre-engagement ceremony. This is a ritual which is followed by the engagement ceremony.
- Engagement: Engagement ceremony is a ritual in which both the bride and groom exchange the rings and announce to the people that; soon they are going to tie in a relation of husband and wife. This is a ceremony in which both the bride and groom are gifted dresses and jewelry for the marriage.
- Mehndi: Mehndi is a ceremony in which henna is applied on the hands of bride and groom. This is a ceremony full of fun and enjoyment. This is a ceremony followed by Sangeet and Jaggo.
- Sangeet and Jaggo: This is a ritual in which all the family members, friends, and relatives sing-song, dance etc. to show their happiness of fixation of marriage. Jaggo is a ceremony in which all the people say boliyan and collect oil in the pot from the relatives and friends of the bride.
- Haldi/Vatna: This is a ritual in which haldi is applied to the bride and groom. This is a wedding ritual that; takes place in almost every wedding of different religions. In India, it is believed that haldi is a way to make the face fair that’s why this ritual takes place before the wedding. This is a wedding that takes place just one day before the wedding.
After, all these ceremonies Anand Karaj takes places, i.e., Sikh wedding/ Punjabi marriage.
- Viddai ceremony: This is a ceremony in which the bride is sent to the groom’s house and the families, friends, and relatives of bride cry to tell her that; how much they are going to miss her.
- Welcoming: After reaching the groom’s house, the bride is welcomed, by her mother-in-law to the new house. She puts mustard oil on the corners of the door to welcome her.
- Reception: This is a post-wedding party that; is given by the groom’s family to the relatives who were not invited to the marriage.
This is how Punjabi wedding takes place. Therefore, these above-mentioned are the different types of rituals that; take place in Sikh/Punjabi wedding.