The evaluation activities always generate certain nerves. And it is normal to be like this: in a few hours, we must demonstrate everything we have learned to overcome a subject that has lasted for months. In addition, in the case of a recovery exam, the challenge becomes doubly complicated. On the one hand, we come from a negative experience that we have not yet managed to turn around; on the other, we feel the pressure of the last opportunity before repeating the subject.
Although it is sometimes difficult to isolate yourself from negative thoughts, it is essential to consider recovery exams as an opportunity to improve and not a punishment. However, having to study during vacations hinders the change of mentality. Therefore, we recommend that you do not obsess about the pending exam and look for a small space for leisure.
You are neither the first nor the last one to find yourself in this situation, so, once you have assumed this, it is best to have tools to pass the exam without nerves: from group study sessions to relaxation exercises. In this post, we present 10 basic tips to overcome the recovery exams as calmly as possible. Follow them and make the suspense become a simple anecdote!
10 keys to pass a recovery exam
- Check the exam you failed. Ask for an examination review and see which questions got the worst score. Knowing your weak points will help you to hit on another occasion.
- Communicate with your teacher. Talk to the teacher to argue the score of each question. If you have a good predisposition, will advise you to pass the exam next time.
- Make a study plan. When you play everything to a letter, you cannot leave the studio for the last day. Divide the topics and decide when and how you will study,
- Set weekly goals. To overcome the sensations of pressure and anxiety, it is useful to set realistic short-term goals. Little by little and good lyrics.
- Ask for help from other colleagues. Cooperation is the basis of success. If you show interest in the subject, surely some colleagues will be happy to help you. You can also study in a group with people who have the same exam as you.
- Consider the option of reinforcement classes. If you see that the exam causes you too many problems, look for outside help. Personal attention increases the chances of approval.
- Manage negative feelings it transforms the negative ideas (“I will suspend again”) in optimistic inputs (“I will make an effort and this time it will be fine”).
- Search other sources of information. If the answers you gave were insufficient, go to the library and look for reliable content to complement the notes.
- Check the exam model it is essential that you know what you are going to face. So, practice with exams from other years and put yourself to the test.
- Calculate the time you will spend on each question. Sharing time helps achieve two important goals: answer all questions and give balanced answers. Take the exam with a wristwatch.
Lara Hawkins is a perfectionist and seeks to pursue a career as a professional author in the field of academic writing. She is currently working with well-known assignment writers company as a full time writer. She is reckoned for her diversified writing skills using which she provides different and exemplary material which is highly acknowledged and recognized.